Higher education will change in 2017 in Finland with the entry into force of tuition fees for students from outside the EU and EEA. Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences wanted to prepare for the change and decided to order student testimonial videos from Trustmary to support its marketing.
– Marketing abroad can be really expensive, and videos are a cost-effective way to gain worldwide exposure. We had previously thought about such student experience videos, and the offer from Trustmary really came at the right time. Demand and supply met ideally, says Heli Toivola, Marketing Manager at Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences.
Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences has commissioned four English-language videos for foreign marketing. Enthusiastic students were easily found, and a total of 12 students were interviewed.
– We did not interfere with the content or anything else. We also wanted to hear genuine and authentic experiences of students, Heli says.
Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences has previously produced video material on its own and on the technical side they have a wealth of expertise, but producing content has been more challenging.
– It requires script and design – a lot of background work. We do not have top experts in the area, and in that sense it was easy to work with professionals, Heli says.
– I am particularly satisfied that the service was super easy. All we had to do was steer it in the right direction to find the interviewees, she says.
Clever and clear cooperation
The whole process took place quickly and on schedule; the videos were ready for distribution a few weeks after the first meeting.
– Trustmary kept me very up to date during the project. Small delays came due to the weather, for example, and we were well informed. We have been particularly pleased with the close and clear cooperation. We got very good customer service and what we were promised, ”says Heli.
– One of the most effective forms of marketing is when satisfied customers talk about good service, in this case education. I argue that the importance of this kind of marketing will grow as almost every person nowadays has different social media channels where information is shared, Heli concludes.