In this internet age, businesses are only as successful as their website is functional. Since having a fully optimized website is one of the main driving factors of success, companies are racing to get the cutting edge tools they need for website optimization.
These tools help companies generate revenue from sales, increase lead generation and conversion rates, attract target audiences, rank better in search engines, and more. In other words, web optimization allows your business to thrive online.
Therefore, having state-of-the-art tools to optimize your business website has become vital for your business and marketing strategy.
Defining Website Optimization
What Is It?
According to a definition, website optimization is: “the process of using tools, advanced strategies, and experiments to improve the performance of your website, further drive more traffic, increase conversions, and grow revenue. One of the most critical aspects of website optimization is search engine optimization (SEO)”.
Optimizing your website includes improving all the essential functionalities on your site needed to drive traffic, engage potential prospects, and convert them into consumers.
Web optimization includes an array of functionalities for lead generation and conversion. These include:
- Search engine optimization – includes backlinks, on-page SEO and website content;
- Hosting performance;
- Optimization for mobile devices;
- Loading speed;
- Elimination of page errors and other points of technical performance;
- Optimization of conversion rates – abandonment, conversion and bounce rates, and user demographics;
The main goal of SEO is to drive traffic to your website to convert consumers and allow your business to generate revenue. In other words, your website has to be fully optimized for SEO to generate leads and conversions.
A fully optimized website has all the necessary functionalities to engage visitors who land there.
What are the Benefits?
While there are many great benefits of optimizing your website, we’re going to mention a few of the most important ones.
1. Increased Traffic
One of the most significant benefits of fully optimizing your website is increased traffic to your landing pages. The more your website remains on the top of search engine results, the more visitors it attracts. Since e-commerce is all about SEO, web optimization will ensure this much-needed traffic.
To get to where you want to be, you need to pay attention to a couple of vital things, such as generating informative keywords and phrases, including meta titles, descriptions, and tags.
These will also help increase traffic by allowing all potential prospects to find your website with less effort, by typing the right words in their search bar. This way, you will ensure that your website reaches the right, most qualified target audiences.
2. Attract Wider Target Audience
Modern consumers rely on the internet to go about their daily needs. They count on search engines to find the services or products they need. The best way to grab their attention, make them land on your website, and take action is by getting your website on the very first page of Google.
This is how SEO works for you; by increasing the number of potential prospects that visit your website, hoping to find what they are looking for. The higher your website ranks, the more visitors you attract.
3. Cost-Effective Marketing Strategy
Since your target audience is doing everything on its own, optimizing your website is one of the most affordable marketing strategies you can invest in. People use the internet to search for services and products online, and optimization allows them to see your website ranking high in their search results.
In terms of ROI, this gives much better results than other expensive marketing strategies such as email-based advertising, TV or newspaper advertising, etc. More importantly, SEO drives the most cost-effective and qualified traffic to your website, providing the exact results you’ve counted on.
4. Brand Awareness
Branding is vital in the world of e-commerce. Since your website is your brand, it is the first thing that new visitors see when they land. Your website is your literal online identity as a brand.
You can use your brand to increase awareness and brand value by optimizing your website to make it fully functional across multiple channels, mobile devices, different platforms, etc.
Through constant optimization, your website gets to stay at the top of search engines. It will be present consistently, building a brand image that aspires to trustworthiness and authority. It puts your brand in the right spot in the eyes of visitors.
If the quality of your content matches optimization and SEO ranking parameters, you get a chance to tap into a massive pool of potential consumers. Moreover, your brand will become a direct association for the products and services you sell in the eyes of prospects.
What are Main Optimization Strategies?
In essence, web optimization is all about getting the SEO essentials right. The following techniques will help you become a real professional.
Since modern e-commerce revolves around customer-centricity, the first step towards mastering the game of web optimization is taking a mobile-first approach. This approach includes:
- Making your website optimized for any mobile device;
- Scaling your images according to the latest responsive design industry standards;
- Using short meta titles to increase mobile-friendliness;
- Optimizing your content for mobile users;
Performing technical SEO is no longer a living nightmare for most e-commerce organizations, thanks to a wide range of SEO tools. However, new challenges come with the new turf – gathering, analyzing, and interpreting the latest data. Here are the key points to pay attention to:
- Ensuring your website is, indeed, mobile-friendly;
- Correcting any potential status errors;
- Checking the website indexing using a proper web optimization tool;
- Eliminating any duplicate meta descriptions and titles;
- Fixing broken links and auditing your content;
With mind-bending amounts of data being generated daily, businesses are facing a real challenge of making any sense from all that cluttered information. However, you can significantly improve your efforts if you:
- Develop a resources center and fill it with top-quality, relevant, and informative content;
- Include links to your website, products, services, etc.;
- Interlink your content;
- Write blogs related to your business niche and interlink;
- Establish a strong social media presence;
- Promote the hottest, trending topics from your industry on social media channels;
The 8 Essential Website Optimization Tools You Need
Since we’ve established some facts about web optimization, what it is, and how it can help a business, let’s delve deeper into the essential website optimization tools that can help achieve your business goals quickly and effectively.
1. Google Analytics
Generally recognized as one of the most popular tools of them all, GA is something of a favorite among website owners. This could be because they can use it for free or because it comes with a wide range of fantastic features.
Ga is perfect for analyzing how much time each prospect spends on particular web pages, their physical location, demographic data, etc. So, this tool allows you to examine all traffic that goes through your website to discover both loyal and new prospects.
Some of its most useful features are:
- Tracking conversions – the tool allows you to set specific conversion goals you want to achieve to see how well your website is doing in different regions;
- Monitoring how many unique visitors have landed on your site – each visitor will be assigned a unique ID;
- Monitoring how visitors interact with your website – use different metrics to track all interactions;
- E-commerce tracking – track the most profitable customers to improve your sales;
2. Google Search Console
This is a tool that offers a range of features you can use to gather valuable data on how to better optimize your site according to the latest Google standards.
GSC is a free tool that allows you to track and monitor how your website’s doing on Google and get the best recommendations to make the most out of its organic presence.
GSC features include:
- The number of referring links to your site;
- Your website’s mobile performance;
- Monitoring all related search queries;
- Tracking pages that attract the highest traffic;
- Mobile usability test that tests your site’s responsiveness, loading speed and mobile-friendliness;
3. SEO PowerSuite
Having a well-equipped SEO toolkit is imperative for any serious business today. Well, SEO PowerSuite is precisely that and more. Besides taking your SEO to a whole new level, this tool has a lot in store to help you take care of every SEO aspect you may need.
However, its real strength lies in the range of features it brings:
- Website auditor – audit your content and website’s infrastructure with a few clicks, quickly and easily;
- Rank tracker – a feature that provides 20 different methods of searching for the most effective keywords and checking your ranking across a range of search engines;
- Link assistant – build and manage your internal links in the most effective way;
- SEO SpyGlass – keep an eye on the backlinks your competitors use to improve your entire SEO game;
Website owners invest a lot of time and effort, as well as resources, to find out how visitors interact with their sites. You can cut down on those expenses and save time and effort by relying on Crazy Egg to provide you with everything you need.
This tool gathers information on how internet users interact with your site and engage with webpages by providing you with visual reports. The tool offers the following features:
- Heat map – identify the pages that gather the highest click activity;
- Scroll map – locate the best places on your site for placing call-to-action buttons to ensure maximum engagement;
- Confetti report – segment your target audience by individual clicks;
- List report – review the number of clicks your site has received, quickly and easily;
5. AB Tasty
AB Tasty allows you to test your web pages to identify which ones provide the best results. Website owners use this tool to find out which pages generate the most leads, conversions, drive the most traffic, sales, etc.
It also allows you to see what your audience prefers on your website, thus, allowing you to optimize your site further to achieve those goals. Some of the best features include:
- Tracking and analyzing consumers’ behavior on your website;
- Optimization of customer experience;
- A/B testing and test building;
- Advanced targeting, which allows you to analyze the best user demographic and location for your business;
MailChimp is a website optimization tool that allows you to gain full control over your email marketing efforts. Email lists are vital to achieving your marketing goals, and this tool will enable you to take your marketing game to a whole new level.
MailChimp is packed with amazing features, but we’re going to mention the core ones:
- Full automation of gathering emails from visitors and sending them as follow-ups;
- A range of internet-based templates, themes, and layouts for creating customer-centric emails;
- Competitive email template creator;
- Full segmentation of your subscribers by specific parameters;
- Campaign performance tracking that helps improve your efforts;
7. PageSpeed Insights
As the name suggests, this tool allows you to track your website’s speed. How fast your website loads dramatically affects the overall impression your brand leaves on a visitor and their behavior. If your site is slow, visitors won’t be compelled to stay. Instead, they will seek what they need elsewhere.
The faster your website loads, the more conversions you get. The tool allows website owners to analyze their website speed across different devices and platforms and provides the best recommendations to improve your site’s overall performance.
Since social media greatly matters in e-commerce, HootSuite is a perfect tool that allows businesses of all scales to establish an effective social media presence.
The tool is armed with a whole arsenal of features that make it easy to build the wanted web presence you need. The list of features includes:
- Social media integration – harness the potential of platforms like YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more;
- Advanced post scheduling – create a scheduling timeline for your posts and let automation do what it does best;
- Brand mention tracking – you will know each time your brand is mentioned to improve your engagement;
- Advanced analytics – get ahead of your posting game by creating the most relevant posts in your industry;
While it’s true that there are many more website optimization tools out there, we wanted to break it down the essential tools that every website owner should own.
Combining these tools and your SEO tactics should allow you to get ahead of the completion and provide each visitor with exquisite user experiences with each interaction.